Preparing for Sunday - Matthew 19:16-22January 29, 2015 Preparing for Sunday
- Read Matt 19:16-22.
- What would be a common response, from today’s culture, to the man’s initial question?
- Read Exodus 20:3-17. What commandments were missing from the list Jesus gave? What is most common among those that Jesus did not include?
- Why do you think the man responded the way he did in verse 20?
- Why does Jesus mention “perfect” in verse 21? How much does this verse add to the man’s original question in verse 17? How much does verse 21 add to Jesus’ initial response?
- In a nutshell, what was Jesus asking for in verse 21?
- How recently have you had a question similar to that of the young man? What was the outcome?
- How would you answer the question from the young man if posed to you now?
- How many people around you are not prepared for eternity?
- What would be your reaction to Jesus’ response in verse 21 if it were posed to you today?
- Reflect on the essentials of the Gospel and what the sacrifice of Christ provides us with in light of this passage.
- Cultivate a pattern of thankfulness for the work of Christ.
- Be prepared to provide a Biblical answer to those around you who have questions about eternal life.
- Pray for opportunities to share the Gospel with those around you.
- Encourage those around you, including your family, to examine their lives in light of God’s standard.
- Pray for unbelievers to repent and believe through the grace of God in Jesus Christ through the worship of God alone this Sunday.
- Pray that those who lead the service will edify the body in the most helpful ways: Dawson Bryant, music; Brandon Ferguson, Prayer and Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Listen to the music we will sing together. Meditate on the message of each song. Prepare yourself to sing with understanding and zeal in one body.
Songs for Sunday
- Come Praise and Glorify (Video)
- Holy, Holy, Holy (Video)
- Revelation Song (Video)
- Prepared a Place for Me
- Immovable Our Hope Remains (Video)