Preparing for Sunday - Samuel Nelson
This Sunday morning we welcome Samuel Nelson to our pulpit. Samuel and his wife Joy were former members of Summit Woods. While attending here, Samuel was able to participate on the worship team; he and Joy served together in the children’s ministry, and Samuel later became an interim leader in the junior high and high school student ministries.
From there he decided to pursue seminary training at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in order to prepare for serving full-time in the local church. While attending seminary, Summit Woods lovingly released him in the fall of 2013 to begin serving at Central Baptist Church in Northeast Kansas City. While attending Central, he was presented with the opportunity to become the Pastor in July of 2013. Presently, he is serving as an elder and pastor of Central. Samuel and his wife Joy have 4 children: Sammie, Eden, and twin girls Bella and Willow.
- Celebrate the Lord’s work in the Gospel through rehearsing the songs chosen for our gathering this Sunday.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work: Dawson Bryant, music; Brandon Furguson, Elders' prayer and Scripture reading; Samuel Nelson, teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Jesus Shall Reign (Video)
- 10,000 Reasons (Video)
- Oh the Deep, Deep Love (Video)
- Stronger (Video)
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul (Video)