God's Guarantee of Complete Fellowship
Topic: Sunday Morning Gathering Passage: Hebrews 7:20–7:28
Here are some questions to guide your discussion if you’re able to meet today:
- Why do we need a high priest?
- How does the completeness of Jesus’ high priesthood completely fulfill God’s purpose for us?
- How does the oath Jesus received as high priest demonstrate the superiority of his priesthood to any other?
- How does this oath bring us certainty in our salvation?
- Why is the new covenant a better covenant?
- How is Jesus a complete high priest according to vv. 23-24?
- How does this bring us assurance and hope?
- What is Jesus’ role in bringing us into fellowship w/God and keeping us in fellowship w/God according to v. 25?
- What does Jesus’ intercession on our behalf look like? (Perhaps turn to John 17 if you have time)
- What are some practical implications of the completeness of Jesus’ sacrifice we see in vv. 26-27?
- How do we, at times, deny the completeness of the work of Christ?
- How can you use this passage to bring truth to your mind in times of doubt concerning your salvation?
- How might you use this passage to share the gospel with a Roman Catholic?
More in Hebrews
April 26, 2020Melchizedek, Christ, the Coronavirus and Us - Part 3
April 19, 2020Melchizedek, Christ, the Coronavirus and Us - Part 2
April 5, 2020Melchizedek, Christ, the Coronavirus and Us - Part 1