Melchizedek, Christ, the Coronavirus and Us - Part 2
Topic: Sunday Morning Gathering Passage: Hebrews 7:4–7:10
Here are some suggested questions to help you in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached.
- How would you evaluate how you’ve been thinking during the quarantine?
- Is it marked by thinking a lot but more shallowly?
- Is it marked by thinking deeply by not on what is most true?
- Or is it marked by deeply thinking about what is most true?
- What do these kinds of thinking produce in you?
- How could you work toward thinking deeply on what is most true? What would this look like practically?
- How have you tried to solve the “priesthood problem” during the quarantine? (The priesthood problem being the key to unlock satisfaction)
- How could you more deeply convince yourself of Jesus’ credentials to solve our priesthood problem?
- How have you been seeking temporal joys instead of eternal joys? How could you change this dynamic?
- What practical steps did Bret suggest to think more slowly and deeply on Christ? What other things would be helpful for you in this regard?