Resources for Sunday - May 31
Here are resources to assist your time as a family or in small groups to pray, sing, read and discuss God's word together.
By 9:00 am Sunday, the regular Sunday message will be posted on our church's web page. We encourage you to read, sing, and pray together, then listen or watch the morning message.
Also, through the week, use these Preparing for the Sermon materials that contain suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached.
- Read Psalm 119:81-88 and pray based on that passage
- Sing Only a Holy God as a means of exalting the Lord in song together
- Spend time praying together
- Read the Valley of Vision prayer The Family
- Based on that prayer, recount ways that you might personally show greater grace to the body as we look towards regathering. How might you prefer others above yourself? In what ways could you love sacrificially as Christ loved you?
- Choose a few members from the church directory and pray for them; perhaps contact them this week to let them know and learn how they are doing.
- Sing How Firm a Foundation, remembering together Christ's work on the Cross
- Listen or watch the morning message
- Respond to the God's Word by singing Your Words of Life together
- Click the links below to find the Youtube videos, Hymnsheets and recordings of the songs; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- During these days, encourage one another with God's word, thoughts on the goodness of his perfect wisdom, deep love, and ultimate sovereignty. He is trustworthy. Allow the world to see His impact on our hearts through our responses throughout these days.