Resources for Sunday - April 19
Here are resources to assist your time as a family or in small groups to pray, sing, read and discuss God's word together.
By 9:00 am Sunday, the regular Sunday message will be posted on our church's web page. We encourage you to read, sing, and pray together, then listen or watch the morning message.
Also, through the week, use these Preparing for the Sermon materials that contain suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached.
- Read Psalm 120 and pray together
- Sing Rejoice the Lord Is King as a means of exalting the Lord in song together
- Spend time praying together
- Read Valley of Vision prayer Reliance as a prayer of confession
- Praying for a sister church in our area: Cross Fellowship, Prairie Village, KS; John Crawford, Pastor
- Pray that those in our church would realize more and more the sufficiency of God's Word during this time, and that they would live based upon the truth of God's Word and not their feelings.
- We're starting a new membership class this Sunday for those interested in potentially joining our church. Pray they would understand the meaningfulness of membership and that God would direct their steps as to whether or not to join our church.
- We're starting a new sermon series in the book of Hosea this Sunday. Pray God would use this series to remind us of the seriousness of sin, the scope of God's love, and the hope of restoration.
- Choose a few members from the church directory and pray for them; perhaps contact them this week to let them know and learn how they are doing.
- Sing My Faith Has Found a Resting Place, remembering together Christ's work on the Cross
- Listen or watch the morning message
- Respond to the God's Word by singing Here Is Love together
- Click the links below to find the Youtube videos, Hymnsheets and recordings of the songs; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- During these days, encourage one another with God's word, thoughts on the goodness of his perfect wisdom, deep love, and ultimate sovereignty. He is trustworthy. Allow the world to see His impact on our hearts through our responses throughout these days.