Preparing for the Sermon - Titus 3:12-15March 8, 2023 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Titus 3:12-15.
- How do these verses relate to the previous section?
- What is happening in vv. 12-13? Who is going from where to where? What does this have to do with the local church?
- Why does Paul want Titus to come to him? What does this say about gospel fellowship?
- Who does Paul send to replace Titus? What does this say about gospel fellowship?
- Why does Paul want Titus to help Zenas and Apollos? What does this say about the work of the local church?
- How does v. 14 instruct a local church? What is the outcome of engaging in good deeds? What happens if the church doesn’t engage in good deeds?
- How does Paul’s attitude towards good works as being excellent and profitable compare to your own heart?
- What do these verses have to do with gospel-centered fellowship?
- What kinds of relationships are described here? What would it look like to build those kinds of relationships? List out several ways to pursue gospel-centered relationships.
- How does v. 14 highlight the necessity and urgency of good deeds? Consider the urgency for good deeds in various areas of your own life.
- How does v. 15 instruct gospel fellowship? Give several examples..