Preparing for the Sermon - Romans 15:30-33
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Romans 15:30-33. What is the argument of Rom 15 that leads to the exhortation of vv. 30-33? What is the primary exhortation of 15:30-33?
- What is the content of Paul’s urging? What does it mean to “strive together with”? How does this help us understand the nature of prayer?
- Who are their prayers directed to? Who are their prayers for? How does this shape how we should pray?
- Consider the “in-person” emphasis in this passage.
- How should this passage shape how we pray for our preachers?
- How should this passage enliven us to the urgency of praying for our preachers?
- Why is it important for Paul to be in person with the Romans?
- Why does Paul conclude this section with the exhortation of v. 33?