Preparing for the Sermon - Matthew 6:10
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read all of Matthew 6 this week. Focus on v10 in particular
- Think about the phrase “your kingdom” in v.10a. How have you typically understood the phrase?
- Read 3:2, 4:17, 18:20 and 28:20. How do these verses inform your understanding of the kingdom in v.10?
- What two petitions does Jesus make in 6:10?
- What would it look like for God’s will to be done “on earth as it is in heaven?”
- Do you desire God’s kingdom, as Jesus prays in the text?
- What would it look like for God’s will to be done in your life? What would it look like in our church?
- Pray that the Lord would help you in your prayers, to seek his will rather than your own.
More in Latest News
May 26, 2022Elder's Prayer - May 22, 2022
May 25, 2022Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13
May 25, 2022Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13