Preparing for the Sermon - James 3:13-18August 17, 2022 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read James 3:13-18.
- What key words do you observe in this passage?
- What is stated about jealousy and selfish ambition?
- What are their characteristics and to what do they lead?
- How are wisdom from "above" and "earthly" wisdom contrasted?
- How specifically is wisdom from above described?
- What is stated about peace?
- How important is guarding against "jealousy and selfish ambition?"
- Using terms from this passage, what is revealed by one's behavior?
- How is wisdom from aboe displayed?
- How is jealousy and selfish ambition displayed?
- What do you think "seed" refers to?