Preparing for the Sermon - Hebrews 13:7-9
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 13:7-9
- Who are those who led the readers?
- What did they do for the readers?
- How did these people live?
- How are the readers to respond to this lifestyle and faith?
- What is said about Jesus in verse 8?
- What does it mean to be carried away by various and strange teaching?
- What are the strange and varied teaching referring to?
- How is a heart strengthened by grace?
- What is being strengthened by grace contrasted with in this passage?
- How many mandates do you find in these 3 verses?
- Why is Jesus mentioned in verse 8? How does this fit the context?
- How does the immutability of Christ as mentioned in verse 8 impact believers?
- How does one benefit from the strengthening of faith as mentioned in verse 9?
- How do these mandates relate to the previous mandates from the last two sermons (vs. 1-6)?
- What do these mandates have to do with avoiding apostasy?
- How do these mandates impact your life and understanding of the Christian faith?