Preparing for the Sermon - 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10March 21, 2023 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10.
- How is this week’s passage connected to last week's?
- How many times is the second person pronoun “you” used in this passage and what is the state of the individuals to which it refers?
- How many times are the demonstrative pronouns “those” and “these” used and what is the state of the individuals to which they refer?
- Who will the Lord repay with affliction?
- Who will the Lord give relief?
- When will God’s just affliction and relief be received?
- Make a list of the contrasting qualities between the Thessalonians and their persecutors.
- Why does Paul include this information on the return of the Lord and the judgment of persecutors in this book?
- What descriptors of the Lord’s return are given in verse 6-10?