Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 3:1-5
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read 1 Thess 3:1-5.
- What is the immediate context from 2:19-20? How does that impact the meaning of 3:1-2?
- What might be implied by the missionaries staying back in Athens alone? What is the text emphasizing? (v1)
- What language is used to describe Timothy?
- What reasons are given for sending Timothy to Thessalonica? (vv.2 and 5)
- What do Paul and friends believe they are destined for? How would this understanding impact their ministry? (v3)
- Why might the missionaries have forewarned the Thessalonians about their suffering? (v4)
- Who is the tempter? (v5) What temptation might the authors refer to?
More in Latest News
May 26, 2022Elder's Prayer - May 22, 2022
May 25, 2022Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13
May 25, 2022Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13