Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Cor. 16:14-18
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Consider v. 14 in the context of the rest of 1 Corinthians that we’ve studied. In what ways was the Corinthian church not doing everything in love?
- Why must the church at Corinth be subject to the household of Stephanas? What does v. 15 say is especially significant about them?
- According to verse 18, what kind of men should the church recognize? What about them makes them worthy of recognition?
- The Sermon Study equipping class notes are available online for anyone wanting to dig deeper. Please review this week's notes to help study this passage. Click here for the notes.
- How would the Corinthian church put into practice Paul’s command to let everything be done in love, considering what Paul has said in previous chapters?
- Why would the coming of Stephanas, Fortunatas, and Achaicus have refreshed Paul’s spirit? What might have been the importance of their visit?
- In what kinds of ways could the Corinthian church have recognized people such as those men?