Preparing for the Gathering - Romans 14December 15, 2017 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread Romans chapter 14. Confess and turn from any sin that was illuminated in your life through your reflection on this chapter.
- List any current issues in your life or decisions you have to make for which you are uncertain in light of the main point of this chapter. Plan to have those in mind as you listen to the preaching of this passage this coming Sunday and as you reflect on it afterward.
- Consider how you could use this passage to answer questions or objections that unbelievers might pose as you share the gospel with them.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.