Preparing for the Gathering - Romans 12:9-13
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- List out specific ways that you can apply these commands in relationships within the body of Christ. What are specific ways that you can cultivate a love for others?
- How can you grow in your hatred for evil? How can you increase your fervency and zeal? What are specific ways you can be hospitable to the body of Christ this week?
- Consider practical ways that you can apply this passage to your current relationships, and pray for the body of Christ to strive to obey these commands.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.