Preparing for the Gathering - James 3:13-18
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read James 3:13-18 again.
- Do any of your current or past behaviors come to mind as you read this passage? Which category to they fall into?
- How have your past behaviors been impacted by the gospel? How should they be?
- Which characteristics of wisdom from above do you display?
- How do you see the characteristics of jealousy and selfish ambition at work in our culture at large?
- Which aspcts of our society appear to be largely driven by selfish ambition?
- Confess and repent of sins exposed by this passage.
- Rejoice in the overcoming of past sins brough to mind by this passage.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Terry Engling: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Dr. Alex Granados, President of Calvary University: teaching.
Dr. Granados was born in Bogotá, Colombia. He is an experienced and dynamic Higher Education Executive with a history of distinguished and trusted leadership as a President, Asosciate Provost, Vice President of Academic Affairs and Associate Academic Dean. He has effectively led administratively and pastorally among diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender, disability, and ethnic communities. He has held administrative positions in both domestic and international for-profit and non-profit organizations.
His research and scholarly interest focus on the interaction of international and domestic factors in educational, religious, social, political, and economic development of Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, and Latin America. Educational strategies for children displaced due to war and violence. The historical, religious, and cultural factors that influence classical and modern Jewish Education. Academic and spiritual development, theological and biblical method of missions, church planting and multiplication, and urban ministry and planning.
Dr. Granados and his wife, Dorian, have been blessed with two wonderful daughters.
Songs for Sunday
- All Praise to Him (sheetmusic)
- This is Our God (sheetmusic)
- Come Ye Sinners Poor and Needy (sheetmusic)
- Christ is Mine Forevermore (sheetmusic)
- O Sacred Head (sheetmusic)
More in Latest News
November 29, 2022Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22
November 29, 2022Elder's Prayer - November 27, 2022
November 22, 2022Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 5:18