Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 13:7-9
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 13:7-9
- Do you think there is value in us “remembering those” who have led us too? How would this look in your life?
- How can you apply the commands of this text in your life this week?
- What ways are you tempted to be carried away by teaching other than that of Scripture?
- What other voices do you find yourself listening to apart from Christ and his Word for counsel, comfort, wisdom, etc.?
- Are you holding any voices of higher value than that Christ?
- Pray for God’s help in listening to his voice above all else.
- Confess and repent of placing anything above Christ.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Holy, Holy, Holy (sheetmusic)
- How Great Thou Art (sheetmusic)
- Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated (sheetmusic)
- The Power of the Cross (sheetmusic)
- Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted (sheetmusic)