Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 5)
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Recall a recent time when you either disobeyed a command of God while someone else looked on or stood by as someone close to you violated a command of God. What was the result? How did that affect your relationship with that other person and with God. Have you repented of that sin?
- Think through the curse that God applied to the specific areas of life, as listed in this passage. In what specific ways have you most experienced certain affects of the curse? In what ways have you been blessed by God that certain affects of the curse may have not seemed as severe in your life? Thank God for his grace in your life regarding this.
- Reflect on how Adam and Eve's relationship with God changed because of this sin. Reflect on how your relationship with the Lord has changed due to the hope you've received in Jesus Christ. Thank the Lord for his grace in your life to reconcile you from the ultimate effect of sin.
- Consider how you can specifically use what you've been learning through our study of Genesis in your approach to sharing the Gospel with those around you. Make plans to communicate the hope you have with someone specific in the next few days.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Lead On, O King Eternal
- Behold Our God
- Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul
- Behold the Lamb
- How Deep the Father's Love for Us