Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 2)
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Have you wrongly viewed yourself or your fellow man? Essentially, every sin we commit against another human is a failure to value God’s image. Confess your sins in this regard and ask the Lord for his grace to forgive and his grace to allow us to value his image in his creation.
- Think through the various implications of being made in the image of God. Are these things that would be helpful to share with a spouse, kids, co-worker, friend, or a brother or sister in Christ?
- Think through a problematic situation in your life. How does viewing the people involved as created in God’s image change the way you understand and handle the situation? Seek to conform your thinking in this area to God’s Word, by disciplining yourself to think primarily about other people as created in God’s image.
- How did the fall affect the image of God in man? What is the goal of the new covenant according to 2 Cor 3:18? Find hope in the gospel that we will be changed into the image of the Son.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.