Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 10)
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Skim Genesis chapters 8-9. With Genesis 6:5-8 in mind, reflect on the immensity of the flood and God’s grace to sustain the lives on the Ark. Reflect on the Lord’s power to sustain your own life, even in spite of your own sin.
- Reflect on objections you have heard from others regarding the biblical account of the flood, including God’s display of justice through the flood. How could you use Genesis 8-9 to answer or counter those type of objections?
- Thank the Lord for his grace each day in not displaying this act of worldwide judgment again. Pray for those who are in the midst of regional flooding, that God will provide for their needs, including the need of many to hear the gospel.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.