Preparing for the Gathering - 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10March 24, 2023 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10
- How does this passage inform the way we think about the return of the Lord? What should believing in the return of the Lord change about the way you live and think?
- How does this passage inform the way we think about persecution?
- What does the justice of God mean for you this week? How does the justice of God and his impending recompense impact your relationships now?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Terry Engling: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Come Praise and Glorify (sheetmusic)
- I Will Wait For You (sheetmusic)
- Before the Throne of God Above (sheetmusic)
- It Is Well with My Soul (sheetmusic)
- Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted (sheetmusic)