Preparing for the Gathering - 2 Thessalonians 1:3-4
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- How does this passage inform the way you give thanks? How might you be faithful for other saints and other churches?
- How might this passage inform the way we engage with other churches? If we have to know them to give thanks, what ways should you go about doing that?
- How can you tend to be more critical of other churches instead of grateful for their gospel work?
- How can you seek to cultivate faith, love, and perseverance in your own life?
- Pray in gratitude for other faithful churches. Pray also that Summit Woods would grow as a church known for our faith, love, and perseverance.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Terry Engling: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Glorious Christ (sheetmusic)
- How Rich a Treasure We Possess (sheetmusic)
- Oh the Deep Deep Love (sheetmusic)
- Grace and Peace (sheetmusic)
- When Trials Come (sheetmusic)
Lyrics Morning Gathering - ... by Summit Woods Baptist Church
More in Latest News
March 21, 2023Preparing for the Sermon - 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10
March 20, 2023Elder's Prayer - March 19
March 16, 2023Preparing for the Gathering - 2 Thessalonians 1:3-4