Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 6:12-20April 7, 2017 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Did any sin in your life come to light as you read through 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 this week? Take action to confess that sin and turn from it.
- Are you or someone close to you involved specifically in sexual sin? Consider Paul’s approach to the Corinthian congregation regarding this topic. How could you use this passage to lovingly help someone involved in this sin?
- How does the truth of vs. 19-20 influence your daily life? What specific application could you make from this passage? How do you consider the glory of God in the daily decisions you make?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.