Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 16:14-18
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Pray that you may have opportunity to put v. 14 into practice this week. How will the reminder to “let all that you do be done in love” affect a situation or relationship in your life?
- Thank God for the men he has appointed as elders at SWBC. Pray that God would give you a humble heart to joyfully be subject to them and give recognition to them. In what ways could you give more recognition to them, both publicly and privately?
- Pray that God would bring someone to my mind who may need a refreshing of their spirit and a great encouragement this week. How might you be like Stephanas, Fortunatas, and Achaicus, refreshing their spirit and encouraging them in Christ?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Sam Karl: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
Lyrics Morning Gathering - ... by on Scribd