Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor 15:35-49
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:35-49.
- Summarize what this passage teaches in one sentence.
- How does this passage bring you hope?
- How does this passage shape your thinking in regard to death? The resurrection? The resurrection body?
- Pray that God will use the preaching of his Word to instill his people with the future hope they have in Christ.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Silent Night
- The First Noel
- O Holy Night
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing
- Joy to the World!
- Go Tell It On the Mountain