Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor 15:20-28
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 20-28. Recount what this passage states has been made or resurrected contrasted with what will be overthrown or destroyed.
- Who or what does your life reveal you are in subjection to? What about your life reveals this? Are you comfortable with this?
- What about this passage could you employ in communicating the gospel to others?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Crown Him with Many Crowns
- All Creatures of Our God and King
- When We See Your Face
- My Heart Is Filled with Thankfulness
- How Sweet and Aweful Is the Place