Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor 15:12-19
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Seek to rightly prioritize the resurrection in your thinking and living. Write out a list of the things that occupy your life and thinking the most. Is the hope of the resurrection on that list?
- Seek to make an intentional plan of how to think more regularly on the truth and centrality of the resurrection. What other passages of Scripture would be helpful to think on that highlight the resurrection and its impact on our daily lives?
- Talk with a fellow believer about the importance of the resurrection. Seek to help one another rightly prioritize this crucial doctrine.
- Pray that the Lord would use the preaching of the gospel to save sinners. Intercede on the behalf of those you know who don’t know the Lord who will hear this Sunday’s sermon.
- Pray that Pastor Bret will make this text clear – in understanding what it means, and how we should apply it to our lives.
- Pray that those who hear this sermon will have soft hearts that are eager and willing to bend their wills to conform with the Lord’s revealed will in this passage.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Lead On, O King Eternal
- In Christ Alone
- Jesus Paid It All
- O Fount of Love
- O Lord, My Rock and My Redeemer