Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 11:2-10
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 11:2-10. Considering the people and roles of authority mentioned, where do you see yourself in regard to this passage?
- Recall specifically how the instructions of this passage differ from our current culture. Regarding what is stated about the order of creation and their relationship with God in vs. 7-12: How does your view of men, women, and their roles align with or differ from this passage? Recognize how the culture at large would respond to these verses.
- Through prayer and meditation on this passage, prepare your mind and soul for the exposition of Scripture this Sunday.
- Prepare, as you hear the sermon, to be thinking through how you could use this passage in answering cultural objections to Christianity which you may encounter when sharing the gospel.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name
- How Rich a Treasure We Possess
- How Marvelous
- Jesus, Thank You