Preparing for Sunday - Proverbs, Part 2
- Read Proverbs 25 and skim chapters 26-31. What words or phrases stood out as repeated or emphasized? What kinds or categories of people are mentioned?
- Which metaphors or illustrations stood out as particularly helpful in explaining a truth?
- What areas of life are addressed? What passages were particularly applicable to aspects of modern culture?
- Which warnings are particularly applicable to you in your current circumstances or stage of life?
- Did any of the passages address behaviors or thought patterns that are present in your life? Use this time to either rejoice or confess, depending on what the Lord has revealed through the reading.
- Did you come across any familiar passages that the Lord has used to shape your life in the past? Reflect in thankfulness for the Lord’s work during that period.
- Did any of the passages speak to an issue you are currently facing? Take time to consider the specific implications God’s Word has on that situation and discern what direction you should take.
- Consider a specific passage that stood out as particularly helpful during your reading. Take steps to commit it to memory.
- Pray for someone in your life that needs to hear a passage that you read this week, either for encouragement or guidance. Prepare to share the passage with them in a graceful way.
- Pray for the congregation of Summit Woods, that the Lord would illuminate our understanding of this portion of Proverbs and will continue to shape us through His Word.
- Pray for those who will be leading our gathering this week: Dawson Bryant, music; Brandon Ferguson, Elders' prayer and Scripture reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Review and meditate on the lyrics of the songs we will sing this week. Listen to each of them so that you know them well enough to sing with understanding and zeal.
Songs for Sunday
- A Mighty Fortress is Our God
- Praise, My Soul, The King of Heaven
- But God (Video)
- The Greatest of All (Video)
- Take My Life (And Let It Be) (Video)
More in Latest News
November 29, 2022Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22
November 29, 2022Elder's Prayer - November 27, 2022
November 22, 2022Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 5:18