Preparing for Sunday - Matthew 25:31-46
- Read Matthew 25:31-46.
- Read Matthew 24:36-25:46. What is the unity between Jesus' explanation of the timing of his return and the two parables in verses 24:36-25:30 and the sheep and the goats in 25:31-46?
- When Jesus does come what does He say His primary role will be? How does he explain this?
- Why does Jesus use the example of the sheep and goats?
- What and why is there a lengthy discourse on the actions of the "sheep" and non-actions of the goats"? (25:35-40; 25:41-45)
- What is the result of the judgements of the sheep and the goats? (v34, 46)
- Ask God for help in understanding not only the ultimate importance, but the finality in the timing of Christ and both our repentance and belief, and our sharing the gospel with the lost.
- Pray for conviction to be humbled to serve in such ways as Jesus describes.
- Think on your current understanding of the verses, be open to allowing your mind to be shaped by the clear preaching of the Word of God.
- Ask yourself if you are prepared for Christ's return today. If not, why not and what can you do to change your perspective, understanding and actions? How is your heart toward's Christ if you are not prepared for today?
- Pray for one another, that hearts would be prepared to praise and worship together and to sit under the authority of Scripture in the preaching of the Word.
- Pray for opportunities through this Christmas season that you would be able to share the gospel of Christ from his first Advent to his second Advent.
- Identify a couple of ways to become more expectant in your daily living and walk that out in your life by living more faithfully.
- Pray for those who will be leading our gathering this week: Dawson Bryant, music; Adam Naler, Elders' prayer and Scripture reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Spend some time preparing for worship in the music below, but more importantly the lyrics. In the song's for this season we are reminded of the first coming of our Lord and through the sermon we are longlingly looking to the second coming, Praise the Lord!
Songs for Sunday
Morning Gathering Lyrics - December 27, 2015