Preparing for Sunday - Matthew 24:36-51
- Read Matthew 24:36-51
- Re-read the first part of Matthew 24 for context.
- What do you think of the end times date setting movement in light of verse 36?
- As we consider verses 44-46, what can we do to be ready?
- Consider your expectation of the Lord's return. Is your expectation that His return could be imminent, and how do you act in accordance with that?
- Pray for those who do not know the Lord, and consider how you might minister to them effectively, that they might avoid the fate described in verses 48-51.
- Find a way to remind yourself of and meditate on the Lord's return.
- Make an inventory of what is most important in your life in view of the Lord's return.
- Pray for those who will be leading our gathering this week: Dawson Bryant, music; Adam Naler, Elders' prayer and Scripture reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Spend some time preparing for worship in the music below, but more importantly the lyrics. In the song's for this season we are reminded of the first coming of our Lord and through the sermon we are longlingly looking to the second coming, Praise the Lord!
Songs for Sunday
Morning Gathering Lyrics - December 13, 2015.pdf