Preparing for Sunday - Matthew 24:1-14
- Read Matt 24:1-14.
- How many questions do the disciples ask Jesus in v.3? Are any of them answered here?
- Who is in danger of being deceived in v. 4?
- How successful are the false Christs in their deception? (see v. 5, 9, 10, 11, 12)
- Do you consider yourself at risk for deception? Should you?
- What is the final display of going astray? (v. 12)
- Pray the Holy Spirit of God would keep and guard you from error and deception.
- Examine your confidence in enduring: is it prideful in your own commitment to your current beliefs or confident in (and dependent on) the sustaining promises of God?
- How warm is your love for Jesus? For the church?
- Pray for the elders of SWBC who are responsible before God for our souls through teaching truth and correcting error. (Titus 1:5,9)
- Pray for conviction and repentance of deceivers in the church today.
- Pray for warm-hearted love to grow amongst the SWBC family.
- Commit to more faithfully knowing and living out the truth in order to endure to the end. Establish a plan, gather the materials you need, and make yourself accountable to someone to follow-through.
- Pray for those who will be leading our gathering this week: Dawson Bryant, music; Brandon Ferguson, Elders' prayer and Scripture reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Take time to look through and understand the lyrics. Sing them before Sunday to begin worshipping the Lord individually with the purpose of a fuller corporate worship involvement that we may be one voice, one spirit, praising our Great God.
Songs for Sunday
Morning Gathering Lyrics - November 1, 2015