Preparing for Sunday - Matthew 22:34-40
- Read Matthew 22:34-40.
- What silenced the Sadducees? Read Matthew 22:29-33.
- Why were the Pharisees gathering after the Sadducees were silenced? (22:15)
- Is the lawyer similar to what we find today? (22:35)? How does he address Jesus and why was he asking this question?
- How does Jesus respond? What is his reason for his answer? (22:40)
- What is meant by “all the Law and the Prophets”?
- What is Jesus’ view of the Old Testament?
- How should this help us think about the Old Testament? Does this change how you view the Old Testament?
- What authority does Jesus answer demonstrate over Scripture?
- What authority does this give to Scripture?
- How should this comfort and help your understanding of the New Testament?
- Does this challenge your understanding of Scripture?
- How can you prayerfully respond to the authority of Christ and the Scriptures in your life?
- How do these priorities Jesus places on the commandments shape how you live your life? Does there need to be a change in your priorities? Pray for individual and corporate clarity on these priorities.
- Pray non-Christians see this priority in us here at Summit Woods and in other faithful churches and that it would be a tool used in their lives to bring them to salvation.
- Pray for those who will be leading the service this week: Dawson Bryant, music; Brett Harris, Elders' prayer and Scripture reading; Bret Capranica, teaching. Pray for protection of their hearts and for their families as the lead us corporately in worship.
- Listen to the music we will be singing on Sunday; think on how our priorities are usually on the idols of our hearts. Let the lyrics shift your priorities to loving our Lord and your neighbor in all situtations and prepare you for worshipping our Lord with one another.
Songs for Sunday
Morning Gathering Lyrics - June 14, 2015