Preparing for Sunday - Job: Part 3
- Read chapters 38-42.
- How does the Lord respond to Job?
- What is Job’s response?
- Does God explain to Job why he suffered as he did?
- What should the book of Job tell us about the sovereignty of God and our suffering? Is God still good in our suffering? Does he have a purpose for it?
- How can we cultivate a heart that would respond to suffering as Job initially did?
- How should the counsel of Job’s friends help us when we counsel our friends in the midst of suffering? Are they good examples to follow or bad? What should we learn from the way the Lord responds to Job, and how should we apply that when counseling those who are suffering?
- Pray that the Lord would help you and the congregation to biblically see and understand God’s sovereignty and our suffering.
- Pray that God will give you a heart to properly respond to suffering when it occurs in your life, or in the lives of those close to you.
- Pray for those who will be leading our gathering this week: Dawson Bryant, music; Todd Arnold, Elders' prayer and Scripture reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Review and meditate on the lyrics of the songs we will sing this week. Listen to each of them so that you know them well enough to sing with understanding and zeal.
Songs for Sunday
Morning Gathering Lyrics - September 27, 2015