Preparing for Sunday - 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3
- Read 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3
- For whom does Paul express thanks? Who is the object of thanksgiving?
- What reasons does Paul give for his thanksgiving?
- How would you characterize the quality of these reasons?
- Are your prayers for Summit Woods permeated with thanksgiving to the Lord?
- Are you regularly moved by specific evidences of the Lord's work in the members of Summit Woods to give thanks to the Him?
- How do you consistently spend time in thanksgiving for the work God is doing in our body?
- Write down specific evidences of the works of faith, labors of love, and steadfastness of hope you see in members of Summit Woods.
- Spend time this week specifically giving thanks to God for His work in the body at Summit Woods.
- Look for opportunities to encourage those members by sharing with them these evidences of God's grace you see in them.
- Pray for non-Christians to be convicted of sin and drawn to the glory of Christ this Sunday through all that takes place.
- Pray that those who lead the service will edify the body in the most helpful ways: Dawson Bryant, music; Elders' Prayer and Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Listen to the music we will sing together. Meditate on the message of each song. Prepare yourself to sing with understanding and zeal.
Songs for Sunday
Morning and Evening Gathering - November 30, 2014 by Summit Woods Baptist Church