Preparing for Sunday - Titus 2:1-10
- Read Titus 2:1-10
- What three groups of people does Paul center upon in this passage?
- With each group. list those characteristics Paul gives that mark a gospel-centered people?
- Based on that list, what should characterize a gospel-centered family?
- In what category of people listed in Titus 2:1-10 would you place yourself? Do you fit in more than one group?
- Based on those characteristics listed for your category, how would you evaluate your success in meeting these qualities?
- How does this evaluation help you to see your need for Christ and the gospel?
- What tends to keep you from being characterized as possessing these qualities?
- In what ways could you practically begin to seek to conform to the kind of gospel-centered life in which Paul describes?
- Consider how you are living as one marked by the gospel. What would contribute to you having the best possible mindset and expectations for living out the gospel in your family?
- What needs to change for you to begin this pursuit of gospel-centered living?
- In light of this passage, how could you specifically pray for this for yourself, family, our church?
- Pray for those who will be leading the service this week: Dawson Bryant, music; Rob Stouffer, Elders' Prayer and Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Meditate on the lyrics of the songs we will sing. How do they prepare your heart to see God's sovereignty and faithfulness? How does your heart respond in the knowledge and fullness of the gospel? Pray through the lyrics and listen to them in anticipation of singing with the church this Sunday.
Songs for Sunday
Morning Gathering - May 12, 2013 by Summit Woods Baptist Church