Preparing for Sunday - Matthew 12:43-45
- Read Matthew 12:43-45.
- Summarize the section in one sentence. What is the main idea here?
- In what ways does this passage relate to what has preceded it?
- What is Jesus saying here about the system of righteousness advocated by the Pharisees?
- What would have avoided the "last state of this person" being worse than the first?
- In light of this passage, why is it so imperative that one's life be filled with the gospel and not merely swept clean by morality or another system of righteousness?
- How would you make application of this personally to your own life?
- How should we think about this passage's application as a congregation?
- How should this passage impact the way we interact with our culture?
- How do you need to pray about your own heart as a result of reading this passage?
- Pray for those who will be present Sunday who need to treasure Christ supremely. Pray God will give them a taste of the gospel that will cause them to embrace Christ genuinely.
- Pray for Christians who will attend Sunday to be encouraged with their heart's affections for the things of God.
- Pray for those who will be leading the service this Sunday: Dawson Bryant, music; Sam Karl, Elders' Prayer and Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Listen to the songs we will sing this Sunday. Prepare yourself to sing with biblical clarity and heartfelt praise.
Songs for Sunday
Morning Gathering - January 19, 2014