Preparing for Sunday - Matthew 12:33-37
- Read Matthew 12:33-37.
- Sum up this passage's main idea in one sentence.
- How does this passage fit specifically with Matthew 12:22-32?
- What does the analogy of good and bad trees/fruit suggest about Jesus' main idea?
- Why does Jesus refer to what a person says, rather than what a person does, as a key indicator as to what is in their heart?
- What does the "careless" words of 12:36 refer to in this passage?
- Why are words an indication of where one will spend eternity?
- What would be other kinds of "careless" words that could be spoken in such a way that would show where a person's heart is?
- What do your words this week tend to reveal about what you treasure (12:35)? What does that treasure indicate about your spiritual condition?
- How does a person come to treasure the right things that show they will be justified before God in the judgement?
- When reading this passage, who comes to your mind that you should pray for this week?
- How do you need to pray about your own heart as a result of what you hear coming from your words?
- Pray for those who will be present Sunday who need to treasure Christ supremely. Pray God will give them a taste of the gospel that will cause them to embrace Christ genuinely.
- Pray for Christians who will attend Sunday to be encouraged with their heart's affections for the things of God.
- Pray for those who will be leading the service this Sunday: Dawson Bryant, music; Sam Karl, Elders' Prayer and Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Listen to the songs we will sing this Sunday. Prepare yourself to sing with biblical claarity and heartfelt praise.
Songs for Sunday
Morning Gathering - January 5, 2014 by Summit Woods Baptist Church