Preparing for Sunday - Jude 3-7
- Read the book of Jude.
- Who is Jude speaking to in this letter? For what purpose does he say he is writing?
- Read Jude 3-7
- How does Jude address his audience?
- Where are those whom Jude is warning the "beloved" about?
- What are the works of Jesus that Jude mentions by way of reminder? What is the consequence for rejecting Christ?
- Reflect on what it means to be called, beloved, and kept by God for Jesus Christ?
- Think of and write down as many different ways you can, as to what diminishes your faith personally? As a church?
- In what ways should our perspective in looking back on Christ's work in redemption be shaped by his promise to judge those who do not believe?
- How often do you specifically take time to examine that which influences you most theologically? How could you develop a habit of carefully considering these and strengthen your theological discernment?
- How will you use this passage to prepare yourself for that which seeks to diminish your faith in Christ?
- What specific sins are you aware of this week that you need to think in a refreshed way about what Christ has done on the cross for those sins?
- How can this passage strengthen your faith?
- Pray for those attending this Sunday who do not know Christ. Pray their hearts will be awakened to who Jesus is and what he has done to redeem them from their sin.
- Pray for believers attending this Sunday to be impacted to prioritize Christ more supremely in their lives because of what Christ has done on the cross.
- Pray for those leading the service to help our focus to be centered on God and the cross: Dawson Bryant, music; Mark Krystyniak, Scripture Reading and prayer; Ryan Bowman, teaching.
- Meditate on the lyrics of the songs we will sing on Sunday and prepare yourself to sing them fervently and from the heart with the church.
Songs for Sunday
Morning Gathering - June 30, 2013 by Summit Woods Baptist Church