Preparing for Sunday - Jason K. Allen
This Sunday, Dr. Jason K. Allen, President of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, will be preaching as a part of our Morning Gathering.
Dr. Allen was elected by the Midwestern Board of Trustees as the Seminary’s fifth president on Monday, Oct. 15. Most recently, he was the vice president for Institutional Advancement at Southern Seminary in Louisville, Ky., and executive director of the Southern Seminary Foundation.
As a member of Southern’s Executive Cabinet since January 2006, Allen had been vice president of Institutional Advancement since 2009, and executive assistant to the president (2006-2009). He had also served on Southern’s faculty since 2007, teaching courses in personal spiritual disciplines as well as pastoral ministry and preaching courses.
In addition to his seminary duties, he concurrently served as the senior pastor of Carlisle Avenue Baptist Church in Louisville. In other ministerial roles, he has been the senior pastor of Muldraugh Baptist Church in Muldraugh, Ky., and worked in varying positions at churches in Alabama and Kentucky since 1998.
The new president holds a Bachelor of Science from Spring Hill College in Mobile, Ala., as well as Master of Divinity and Ph.D. degrees from Southern Seminary.
Allen and his wife, Karen, have five children.
- Pray for those who will be leading the service this Sunday: Dawson Bryant, music; Bret Capranica and Rob Stouffer, Elders' prayer and Scripture reading; Dr. Jason Allen, teaching. Pray that they will edify the church body.
- Meditate on the lyrics of the songs we will sing, and listen to them through the weekend to prepare yourself to sing with the church.
Songs for Sunday
- Come Now Almighty King
- Your Great Name We Praise
- Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus
- Christ the Lord Is Born Today
- My Song Is Love Unknown