Preparing for Sunday - Isaiah 40-66
- Read Isaiah 40. What do you learn about God? Why would Israel need this vision of God?
- Read Isaiah 45. According to this chapter, who is Cyrus and how does God use him?
- Read Isaiah 52:13-53:12. What do you learn about the Lord's Servant?
- Read Isaiah 55. How does God describe salvation?
- Read Isaiah 58. What is God looking for in genuine fasting?
- Read Isaiah 66. How does God describe Jerusalem's restoration?
- What do you learn about God that is instructive for your own heart? How would the chapters you have read enlighten you to your own sin and what repentance and restoration will look like?
- What do these chapters suggest about any true believers' future? How should that affect you now?
- What have you learned about Christ, and how should that impact the way you worship and serve him now?
- Read Isaiah 42:8-9. What is God's chief concern and end? How does your life's focus match God's purpose?
- What sins have been exposed in your own heart as a result of meditating on these portions of Isaiah. Spend time confessing them before the Lord now, reminding yourself of what Christ has done to cleanse you of them.
- How would the vision of God painted for us in Isaiah assist you this week in guarding your own heart and behavior against sin? How would it provide you confidence this week? How would this vision of God assist you in your conversations with other Christians about the issues in their lives? How would it be instructive for you and non-Christians you are interacting with?
- Pray for those who do not know Christ to see a vision of God that is compelling and convicting this Sunday. Pray for Christians to be sensitive to their sin and yearn for the glory of God in refreshing and life-changing ways.
- Pray for those who will be leading the service this Sunday to be helpful and edifying in how they serve us: Dawson Bryant, music; Brett Harris, prayer and Scripture reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Meditate on the lyrics to the songs for Sunday and listen to them in a way that will assist you in singing together with God's people.
Songs for Sunday
Morning Gathering - June 16, 2013 by Summit Woods Baptist Church