Preparing for Sunday - Acts 18:24-28
This Sunday, Ryan Bowman, will be preaching as a part of our Morning Gathering.
Ryan was raised in Friendswood, TX and came to know the Lord as a fifth-grader at Sagemont Baptist Church in Sagemont, TX. He is a 1993 graduate of the University of Central Arkansas (Bachelor of Arts – Sociology) and graduated cum laude from Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (Master of Divinity) in 1997.
Ryan served as the first pastor of Summit Woods from January 1999 until September 2009. His ministry was marked by a commitment to expository (verse-by-verse) preaching, love of the Word, an intentional focus to build up men to provide Godly leadership both in their families and in the church, and a heart for sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ among the nations. He worked to establish a partnership with a Baptist congregation in southern Romania for the purpose of planting new churches in nearby towns and villages with no church and where no evangelism is taking place. It was this passion for missions that has led Ryan to serve as a missionary with the IMB in Southeast Europe, alongside his family, since leaving Summit Woods.
He was a contributing author to the book, The Chosen Path: 365 Christian Writings & Messages to Inspire Along the Way. It was released in April, 2005 and distributed by LifeWay Bookstores.
Ryan has also served Southern Baptists on the state and national levels. He served a three year term on the Order of Business Committee for the Missouri Baptist Convention and as it's chairman in 2007, and on the Resolutions Committee. In 2006, he was appointed by SBC President Bobby Welch to serve on the Committee on Committees for the SBC.
Ryan and his wife, Karen, have three children: Natalie, Nate, and Brock.
- Pray for those who will attend our service this Sunday, that they will be edified, encouraged where most needed, convicted where appropirate, and enlightened in how to apply the message.
- Pray for those who will be leading the service, that they will serve in a way that edifies the entire congregation: Dawson Bryant, music; Sam Karl, prayer and Scripture reading; Ryan Bowman, teaching.
- Meditate on the songs for this Sunday and sing them through the weekend to prepare your heart to sing as a whole congregation. What are these songs saying about who God is and how we should respond to him?
Songs for Sunday
- 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) (Video)
- Our Great God (Video)
- I Will Glory in My Redeemer (Video)
- My Faith Has Found a Resting Place
- I Want to Be Where You Are