Preparing for Sunday - 1 & 2 Chronicles Part 4
Prepare your heart for Sunday by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and tangibly putting scripture to action in your personal life, and in our corporate body.
- Click here to listen to the previous sermons on 1 and 2 Chronicles to review. Part 1 , Part 2 and Part 3
- Skim 2 Chronicles chapters 10-36. Notice the headings found in each chapter to discern the major sections and key people recorded in the history of Israel.
- How is the leadership of this nation set on course as recorded in chapter 10? Contrast this with the last couple of paragraphs of the preceeding chapter. Additionally, notice the significant events that are recorded in chapters 15 and 29 as windows into the approach of this nation toward God during this time period.
- How does this record culminate, as recorded in 36:15 through the remainder of the book? What was the reason for the events listed here?
- Reflect on how this record must have impacted Israel after they returned to their homeland. Why would God include this in the canon of Scripture? What purpose does it serve us?
- Reflect on the ramifications of the kings who disregarded God and his law. Pray for the leaders of our nation and their approach to God.
- Pray God would show you how faithful he is and sovereign over every detail in life. Reflect on a time when you recognized that God used a seemingly dark period to produce something that honored Him.
- Thank God for faithful preaching through the entirety of Scripture and ask for continued guidance and conviction in applying what His Spirit has illuminated.
- Look for ways to encourage one another in the sovereign events of their lives that have brought them to salvation and grow in the faith.
- Pray for your heart to become receptive to all circumstances God brings to you daily. Pray that in those circumstances He would bring opportunities for you to strengthen the church in unity and to evangelize the lost.
- Rehearse the music and review the lyrics to see how we are reflecting on truths that have been preserved over thousands of years to encourage us as we praise our God and sing to one another to admonish and encourage one another.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the books of 1 & 2 Chronicles is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant, music; Adam Naler, Elders' prayer and Scripture reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Come Praise and Glorify (Video)
- Holy (Video)
- Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken (Video)
- See, He Comes (Video)
- Now Why This Fear (Video)